I’m SUPER excited to introduce Bent Fork Nutrition’s very first success story!
As many of you know, adopting healthier lifestyle habits or making any sort of lifestyle change is a challenge! There are many bumps along the road, sometimes we fall off the wagon and other times we learn lessons that are worth sharing! If you’re like me, I love learning and being inspired by people’s path to wellness! Whether it be in a magazine or on a reality TV show, I love seeing a person’s transformation, how they did it and their tips for success! That is why I am honored and excited to share with you, our very first success story participant!
Name:Wynter Connors (one of my besties…seen here with our fur-babies!)
Age: 27 years old (20 days older than me! Ha!)
About: Happily married for 5 years (to one of my husband’s besties)! Proud fur-baby mommy to Kayleigh (mini one) and Jax (“big” dog of the family)!
- Struggled with weight issues since Jr/Sr High School
- Type II diabetes (controlled with metformin)
- Blood pressure and cholesterol both in the healthy ranges
- Family history of hypertension and diabetes
- BMI, Waist Circumference & Body Fat % all above recommended ranges
- First short term goal: Break the 200lb barrier!
- Long term goal: Achieve a healthy BMI (goal weight range 140-155lbs)
- Be in prime baby-making shape!
- Improved energy levels, healthy eating becomes “unconscious” and adopt a regular physical activity routine
- Control Type II diabetes through lifestyle instead of medication
Stay tuned for our first progress update! Including lessons learned, avoiding the “red light foods” (i.e. chips & dip and nighttime noshing), weight loss check in and more!