After a weekend of SUN…yes we actually had two days in a row…the rain is back.
Enter rainy day eats- Sweet Potato Enchiladas. Delish.
- 1tbsb olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup water
- 1-2tbsp chilli powder
- 1tsp cumin
- 2tsp prepared mustard
- Pinch cayenne
- 1tbsp soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 cups sweet potato, cooked & mashed
- 4 whole grain tortillas (lg) (or 8 small ones)
- ½ cup old cheddar cheese (light), grated
- In medium skillet over medium-high heat, combine oil, onion & garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Stir in kidney beans & seasonings (chilli powder, cumin, cayenne)
- Meanwhile, boil sweet potato until tender. (Option: bake in microwave or oven). Remove skin, mash and combine with water, mustard & soy sauce.
- Spread sweet potato mash evenly amongst the four tortillas, top with kidney bean mixture.
- Roll tortillas, tucking ends in and place in greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake at 375F for about 20min or until cheese is golden & bubbly!
- Serve with salsa, low fat sour cream, enjoy!
I served mine over a bed of spinach (wilted under enchilada heat…yum) with salsa & greek yogurt!
Nutrition Analysis: 438cal, 10g fat (2.7g sat), 9g fibre, 16g protein