Have a fridge full of produce and in need of a summer-y, meatless and easy meal? My latest concoction involved leftover grilled corn on the cob & a can of black beans! Great for a lunch, evening side dish and very budget friendly–not to mention heart friendly! Beans are a great high fibre, low fat protein source and ring in at a mere $0.89 per can (on sale)!
Mexican Bean Salad
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cobs of corn, kernels off (you could also use ~1cup frozen corn, thawed)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet pepper, diced (color of your choice….yellow, green or red)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced (more or less depending upon your taste preference)
- 2tbsp lime juice (more or less depending upon your taste preference)
- sea salt/pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients together, toss/stir evenly.
- Chill until served.
Nutrition Analysis per serving (makes 4):
195cal, 1.2g fat, 40g carbohydrate, 9.3g protein, 340mg sodium, 7.5g fibre