Ever wanted to eat a ball of raw cookie dough….that also provided some actual nutrition? Look no further!!! These no-bake energy balls are a great source of healthy fats (i.e. omega-3s from ground flax), fiber and protein! Be warned–they are dangerously tasty–portion control beware!
No-Bake Snack Balls
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup oatmeal
- ¾ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
- ¼ cup raisins
Optional: 2 scoops protein powder (I’d suggest using a tablespoon or so of hot water to help dissolve protein powder to avoid getting a “grainy” texture)
- Combine peanut butter, honey and vanilla. Stir to combine. (If you’re using protein powder, add protein powder/water here)
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined. Refrigerate if necessary.
- Roll into balls and place in air-tight container, lined with waxed paper.
- Keep in refrigerator or freezer! Enjoy!
Nutrition Analysis: Makes 18 balls
131cal, 7g fat, 14g carbohydrate, 3.7g protein, 3mg sodium, 2.5g fibre
With protein: 143cal, 7g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 7.5g protein, 3mg sodium, 2.5g fibre