The air has changed! With that brings the return of our fall favorites! In Nova Scotia, apples (especially from the Valley) are a delicious and healthy treat!
After a morning at Noggin’s Farm, it was time to find some new apple recipes!
- 2 cups apples, diced and peeled (peeled is optional)
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced (optional)
Combine all ingredients & refrigerate until serving.
Use topped over grilled chicken or pork, or enjoy with toasted pita chips! I’ve dumped it on top of my salad- was a delicious crunch with a kick! The sky is the limit for this fresh twist on a fruit salsa!