I love me a new cookbook! Add to that it’s written by a fellow Dietitian AND a friend AND we share a name…pretty spectacular combination if I do say so myself!
Enter “World Food for Student Cooks: Healthy, delicious, easy-to-make dishes for the food-truck-loving, noodle-slurping, taco-crunching, mac-n-cheese-loving student.” This cookbook is full of healthy, tasty and budget friendly recipes that are targeted at those with basic entry level cooking skills. Student or non-student alike, your bellies will be happy!
Now this little gem of a cookbook isn’t out in the bookstores yet; however, you can pre-order it HERE. We have had the special opportunity to preview and test a few of the recipes…yum!
The kid’s team at Bent Fork Nutrition had first choice of the recipes…Best Banana Muffins for the win!
- 3 fresh or frozen bananas (thawed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray or paper liners. Set aside.
- In food processor or blender, puree bananas, yogurt, honey and vanilla until blended and smooth. In a bowl, whisk flour, flaxseed, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Stir in banana mixture, just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake in oven until puffed and centers spring back when gently pressed, about 20min.